This privacy and cookies policy applies to the website of:
D&H General Trading Ltd. T/A D&H Innovation
Unit 14 Discovery House
We will collect and process information in accordance with the following policies:
1. We respect your personal information and undertake to comply with applicable Data Protection legislation.
2. All data collected from you will be transmitted to servers where it will be processed.
3. We confirm that any personal details, which you provide to us (or which are available on public registers) from which we can identify you, are held in accordance with our Data Protection Registration Notification. When you register your details with us, we consider the information you input as private.
4. Collecting information provides specific benefits to our website visitors. Collecting your information will allow us to process your order and to better advise you of goods and services that may be of interest to you.
5. We use the information for the following purposes:
I. Processing any order or enquiry from you
II. Processing your interest in us, whether as a potential employee or customer or supplier.
III. For statistical purposes to improve the services we provide
1. To administer our business
2. To notify you of topics that may be of interest to you
3. Completing or supporting any transaction or activity you have with us
4. Research and development
IV. Tailoring the website for its visitors
V.Analysis and reporting
1. To build records of individual visitors
2. Contacting our visitors for promotion of the site or products.
3. In the event that your personal information is no longer used by us for the purposes outlined in these policies, we will delete it except insofar as it is necessary to retain such information to comply with other relevant or applicable law.
4. In the event that your personal data becomes untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or in any event, you have the right to gain access to your personal data and may rectify the same.
5. In the event that you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, please write to us at the address stated above, stating your full name, address, your e-mail address and your day time contact phone number and notify us that you no longer wish to receive promotional material from us.
7. We allow our visitors to access their own information where this relates to account and order processing information. (For example, users can access things such as their online account details).
9. You agree that you do not object to us, or such third parties contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999 or the equivalent under local applicable law.
10. You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, to provide your user information and/or information concerning your activities whilst using this web site we shall do so. We also reserve the right to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of this web site, and that use is deemed by us inconsistent with these terms.
11. We may use “cookies” and other software so as to be able to build up a profile of your interests and preferences and this may be used by us to develop and operate our business.
12. We may disclose to third parties aggregated data on the use of this web site or our services, provided that a single individual is not identifiable in such data.
KLARNA BANK AB – (Checkout with a Klarna Finance Option)
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with .
Cookies – what they are and how we use them
Cookies are small text files that our website and sometimes emails place in your computer to ensure that your experience of our offerings is as effective as possible. They remember any options you have chosen for example and your password or particular interests. They also enable us to track visitors’ usage of our site so that we can continuously improve it. There’s nothing mysterious about them and they do not collect personal data.
Like pretty much all website owners we have always operated cookies and you have had the benefit of using them. EU regulations now require us to inform you of what they are and give you the option to prohibit them if you wish.
We’re using the word ‘cookies‘ here to include things like ‘web beacons’ and ‘Flash cookies’ which serve similar functions. ‘Your computer’ includes anything connected to the internet including laptops, office machines, tablets, mobile phones and so on.
Now, at D&H Innovation, we are using Cookies to remember what is in your shopping basket and remember how far you are through an order. To place an order on this web site, you need to have cookies enabled. If you don’t wish to enable cookies, you can browse the site but you may not be able to place an order.
Most web browsers have default settings which allow cookies to be stored. However under the “Managing your cookies” as listed below, we set out information on how to disable or enable cookies should you wish to change your setting:
Managing your cookies
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you may not be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
All recent versions of popular browsers give users a level of control over cookies. Users can set their browsers to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies. Users can also set their browser to prompt them each time a cookie is offered. The instructions for changing your cookie settings are different for each type and version of browser.
To disable or change the settings of your cookies
If you are not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
• For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option
• For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‘About’ option
Instructions on how to disable or change the settings of cookies on your type and version of browser are available here.
It should be noted that cookies cannot harm your computer. Furthermore, we do not store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in any cookies we create. We use encrypted information gathered from the cookies to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when browsing our site.
D&H Innovation is the trading name of D&H General Trading Ltd. Unit 14 Discovery House, Gemini Crescent, Dundee, DD2 1SW, United Kingdom